Listen to the most recent episode of my podcast: My first podcast hope you enjoy 💜💜 https://anchor.fm/lorna-johnson/episodes/My-first-podcast-hope-you-enjoy-emr953
1) Understanding the 6 types of human hunger
I) Hunger of thirst
II) Hunger from variety
III) Empty stomach hunger (it’s not necessarily hunger, it’s just a physical sensation)
IV) Low blood sugar (action step :shift to fat burning metabolism; good quality carbohydrates)
V) Emotional hunger
VI) Nutritional hunger (now this is the real hunger that need nutritional satisfaction)
2) Get enough of the good
For example, if you are locked in a room for 6months and you are provided with the right nutrients and no junk foods, you can survive but if someone comes and eliminates the foods with Vitamin C and locks you up for another 6 months, you might succumb to scurvy ….. It’s not that you took anything bad, it’s because you lacked something in your diet…. The bottom line is, take enough of the good….
3) understanding the food timeline
4) Decoding food marketing
–Be aware that food industries focus on making profit and not about your health….
– sugar stimulates one’s appetite; it makes one crave for more …… Sugar is an addictive…..
5) convince others
Don’t push people; when you push you create resistance. Instead, lead people; when you lead you create followers…
1)You are what you eat…. (come to think of it, it makes sense because what you consume, is broken down by your body to form cells and tissues)
2) You have been miseducated by the food industry…..
3)Your failed diet attempts are not your fault….
4)Low fat isn’t necessarily good for you…. Take enough fat because most of the percentage of our brains are made of fat….. Do not take too much, do not take too little, instead take enough….
1) Eggs- thanks to their protein content, eggs may reduce appetite when eaten with breakfast to give weight loss a boost
2) Wheat germ – cereal fibre may reduce appetite, reduce your risk of weight gain and keep blood sugar levels stable….
3) Bananas- high fibre which can keep you feeling fuller longer….
4)Yoghurt – high in protein and has been associated with decreased hunger and food intake plus a lower risk of weight gain……
5) Berries – they are nutrient – dense and high in fibre. Studies show that eating berries may decrease calorie intake and aid weight loss….
6)Grapes- low in calories, high in water and rich in fibre…
7) Green tea – its components have been shown to increase fat burning and the number of burnt calories….
8)Flaxseeds – high in soluble fibre and increases feeling of fullness and reduces appetite….
9) Chia seeds – high protein and fibre, reduces appetite and stabilizes blood sugar levels….
Nutritional facts and health benefits of chia seeds
Chia seeds are tiny black seeds of the chia plant….
They contain large amounts of fibre and omega -3 fatty acids, plenty of high quality protein and several essential minerals and antioxidants…
They improve digestion. They are also gluten free…
You can take them in your porridge, baked goods, sprinkled on top of salads and also yoghurt….
I just published the first episode of my new podcast! Listen to dynamitespersonalpodcasts on Anchor https://anchor.fm/lorna-johnson/episodes/Hi-Welcome-to-Dynamitespersonalpodcasts—-This-is-a-trailer-of-what-Ill-be-doing-em5bs9
- 3 large onions chopped into thin slices
- 3 to 4 large potatoes cut in thick slices
- 1/4 cup of olive oil
- 4 to 6 eggs <depending on the number of stomachs that you are feeding >
- Black pepper
- Coriander (Dania)
- Heat the cooking oil in a pan at a medium flame
- Add the sliced potatoes and spread them in the pan. Cook for 3 to 4 minutes in a medium flame.
- Flip the potatoes to avoid sticking on the pan
- After the potatoes have become soft , tender and golden brown on the edges,add the onions and mix them….
- wait for the onions to fry for about 4 to 5 minutes in a medium flame…. Keep stirring…
- After 4 to 5 minutes, both the onions and the potatoes are fried enough.. Switch off the flame and transfer them onto a plate…
- Crack the eggs in a bowl and whisk them well..
- To the egg mixture, add the earlier fried potatoes and onions then mix them well…
- Sprinkle some salt and black pepper to season..
- Let mixture rest for like 10 to 15 minutes so that the onions and potatoes can absorb the egg mixture and become flavourfull…
- Let the mixture settle down and become thick….
- After 10 to 15 minutes, add some cooking oil in a pan, pour in the mixture nicely to cover the pan… Use a low to medium flame.
- Let it cook for about 4 to 5 minutes over low to medium flame…
- Soon you’ll see the sides getting cooked. Check with a spatula if the base is ready and if it’s cooked, flip the omelette and let the omelette cook for 4 to 5 minutes…..
*When the omelette is ready it should have a golden brown color on it *
- Cut into slices to serve
- You can serve with salad, avocado, spinach, tomatoes or even a glass of juice..
Surprise a loved one with a Spanish omelette breakfast and thank me later ❤❤